A scientific article must necessarily include:
-the title of the article
-data about the author or authors (full name and affiliation)
– references (Roman script\APA style)
An example of a list of references:
1. Kuznecov V.G., Novikova T.N., Kuznecov I.P. Enhancement of efficiency of the use of production equipment at transportation and reloading of wetted iron-ore concentrate and fluxed damp pellets. Stroitel’nye Materialy. 2010. No. 1, pp. 22-23.
2. Gagarin V.G., Kozlov V.V., Lushin K.I. Air Velocity in Air Cavity of Curtain Wall System at Free Ventilation. Zhilishchnoe Stroitel’stvo. 2013. No. 10, pp. 14-17.
3. Korotkikh D. N., Artamonova O.V., Chernyshov E.M. On the requirements for nanomodifying additives for high-strength cement concrete. Nanotekhnologii v stroitel’stve: scientific Internet-journal. 2009.No 2, pp. 42-49.http://www.nanobuild.ru/magazine/nb/Nanobuild_2_2009.pdf (date of access 03/19/14).
General requirements for the design of a scientific article
A scientific article should have a volume of (3-30) typewritten pages, page format – A4, portrait orientation, margins 2.5 cm on all sides, Times New Roman, color – black, font size -14; 1.5 spacing), references in square brackets.
The general principles of constructing a scientific article may vary depending on the topic and characteristics of the study. When writing a scientific article, especially for publishing a research in a journal from the list of the Higher Attestation Commission, it is necessary to adhere to the following structure of presentation: Title, Abstract, Keywords, Main text of the article, Literature.
In addition, the section Main text of the article can be subdivided into Introductory part, Data on research methodology, Experimental part, Conclusions. It is not necessary to highlight these subsections in the text. It is desirable that the logic of the presentation in the article be close to the specified structure.
The title of the article is an indication of the surname, name, patronymic (in full) of the author and the name of the educational institution or scientific organization in which the work was carried out, the author’s specialty
Abstract – Describes the goals and objectives of the study, as well as the possibilities of its practical application, which helps to quickly grasp the essence of the problem. (2-3 sentences), in Russian and English.
Key words – (3-5 words)
Introductory part and novelty – The significance of the research facts in theory and practice. What is the new solution to the scientific problem.
Research methodology data – Own scientific research, previous research (on the topic of the article), statistics, etc. – used by the author in this article. The presence of figures, formulas and tables is allowed only in cases where it is impossible to describe the process in text form. If the article is of a theoretical nature, the main provisions, thoughts are given, which will be further analyzed.
Experimental part – analysis, generalization and explanation of own data or comparison of theories. By volume – takes center stage in your article.
Conclusions and recommendations. The article must necessarily contain the answers to the questions posed by the introductory part, demonstrate specific conclusions.
Literature – The list of literature is drawn up in accordance with GOST 7.1-2003 or GOST R 7.0.5-2008. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO USE: SNOSKA.INFO is an online resource with which you can quickly draw up the main types of sources in accordance with GOST. In the text, references are numbered in square brackets, the number indicates the source in the list of references. In the article, it is recommended to use 10-20 literary sources.
SCOPUS AND WOS ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS
The article should clearly indicate the relevance, scientific significance, research results and conclusions. Any borrowing of materials from other sources should be properly referenced, and the name of the source referred to by the author should be indicated in the references.
The article should be written in a scientific style. The lexical composition of the scientific style is characterized by relative homogeneity and isolation, and this is expressed, in particular, in the lesser use of synonyms. In the scientific style, there should be no colloquial vocabulary, which is not characteristic of evaluativeness. Evaluation in scientific works is used to explain the author’s thoughts and has a rational character. Scientific speech is distinguished by the accuracy and consistency of thought, its consistent presentation and objectivity of presentation.
A scientific publication is one of the main results of a researcher’s activity. The material submitted for publication must be original, not previously published in other print media. The article should be written using mainly modern scientific literature, and contain novelty. The main purpose of the publication is to make the author’s work available to other researchers. Through publication, the author designates his priority in the selected research area.
In the introductory part, it is necessary to indicate the relevance and expediency of developing a scientific problem or task. In the main part of the article, by analyzing and synthesizing information, it is required to reveal the problems under study and ways to solve them. You also need to justify the possible results and their reliability. The article should analyze, compare and identify the most important and promising directions for the development of science (practice), its individual types of activities, phenomena, events, etc.
A scientific article should be problematic in nature, demonstrate the different views of scientists on the development of scientific (practical) knowledge, contain conclusions, generalizations, summary data. In the final part, the author needs to summarize, formulate conclusions, recommendations, indicate possible directions for further research.
SCOPUS AND WOS TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Articles are accepted in Russian and English.
- The volume of the article is from 1000 words.
- The originality of the text is at least 35% (articles are checked by the Antiplagiat system);
- Use Microsoft Word for Windows to type text, formulas and tables. Text editor options: all fields are 2 cm; Times New Roman font, size – 12; line spacing – 1.5; justified alignment; paragraph indentation 1 cm; sheet orientation – book;
- All visual objects must be provided in a format that allows formatting (required for translation). All drawing files should be numbered (Fig1, Fig2, etc.). The names of the figures should be given at the end of the article (for example: Figure 1. Name of the figure). Any pictures (including graphs and diagrams) should be equally informative both in color and black and white;
- The tables are located in the article itself. Below the table, you must give the table number and title (for example: Table 3. Table name).
- Registration of article metadata: 1. Full title of the article; 2. A shortened version of the title of the article (Running title); 3. Full name of the author of the article; 4. Academic title, academic degree, position; 5. Place of work: department, faculty, name of the university; 6. City, country; 7. Work address with postal code, work phone number. 8. E-mail. 9. Information about the grant (if any). If there are several authors of the article, then the information is repeated for each author. If desired, the article can be accompanied by a short biographical description of the author as a researcher (no more than 50 words in English, no more than 60 words in Russian).
- The text of the article must be divided into parts, the headings must be signed: Abstract. Keywords. Introduction. Materials and methods Literature Review. Results. Discussions. Conclusions. Acknowledgments. References.
- Abstract – the optimal length is 150 words (no more than 250 words in Russian or 200 in English) * The abstract should include information about the purpose of the research, methodology, results.
- Keywords – 5-10 words. Keywords are separated from each other by a semicolon.
- References is given in alphabetical order, with continuous numbering. References in the text to the corresponding source from the list of references are made in parentheses, for example: (1, p. 277). The use of automatic paged links is not permitted. The list of references must contain at least 20 sources for the last 3 years. Foreign sources – at least 15. The advantage will be the use of articles published in the Scopus and Web of Science databases. Information about the article in the journal should include: the author’s surname and name, publication year, article title, journal title, volume / number / issue ,pages. Information about the book should include: the name and surname of the author, the year of publication, the title of the book, the name of the publisher, the place of publication. In the case of an electronic source of information, a reference and date of access are required. It is necessary to indicate the type of each source: for example, (conference materials), etc. to avoid confusion when designing a list of references in accordance with the requirements of the journal;
- The article must clearly indicate the relevance, scientific significance, methodology, purpose of the study, results and conclusions, as well as an exhaustive analysis of the literature.